Notifications
Clear all

AHA Reaction. Is it normal?

MemberMember
(@lisamarienunu)

Posted : 11/18/2018 6:21 am

Hey,
So I recently started using AHA once after every two days. My skin is dry and peeling but not severely. Is this normal? Should it be peeling?

MemberMember
(@491011_1443953549)

Posted : 11/18/2018 11:18 pm

My son just started it about a week ago (half AHA half moisteriser) and after three days his skin was burning and a bit red. I'm sure this would have been temporary while his skin adjusts but I felt it was better for him to stop, wait till his skin calms down, then start again...but using much less AHA and only doing every couple of days. He stopped 4 days ago and his skin is still feeling really tight. I do think it's a good product though - Ive been using it too, but cause I've been using a glycolic cleanser for year's, I can handle it full strength every night...still stings, but I like that - I feel that it's working. I will say that although i dont have acne (anymore)...I did have a few red spots come up around sides of nose/above lips a few days after starting, but they went away within about 3 days and I've been good ever since. Anyway, maybe yoy could try only putting a tiny bit with your moisteriser to gradually get your skin adjusted to it?