Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZitsSuck21

Why do ALL vitamin c supplements break me out?

Just wondering does anybody know why all vitamin c supplements break me out? Pills, powder, the lot. 

I wanna take them to help with collagen production with scar treatments I'm getting done aswell as gum issues I have.

I'd really appreciate any pointers for this one, peace out 

On 11/15/2018 at 1:33 AM, ZitsSuck21 said:

Just wondering does anybody know why all vitamin c supplements break me out? Pills, powder, the lot. 

I wanna take them to help with collagen production with scar treatments I'm getting done aswell as gum issues I have.

I'd really appreciate any pointers for this one, peace out 

were all different but i remember hearing any vitamins containing iodine are bad for people with acne ( it can cause breakouts)

from what i understand, most standard vitamins have added  ingredients and  flavouring/sweetener. it could be something in the vitamin does not agree with you?

have you tried pure vitamin c?

On 11/26/2018 at 11:11 PM, ZitsSuck21 said:

Hey, yeah I've tried all sorts, would drinking lemon juice day be equally as effective?

Yep, one lemon contains half the RDA of Vitamin C so two lemons will cover you (or broccoli for example).