Notifications
Clear all

Acne wash burned my skin (please read)

MemberMember
(@shotsfired24)

Posted : 11/03/2018 12:09 pm

So about 9 years ago. Yes 9 years ago!

i had very few pimples on my nose etc. basically didnt get acne anymore (rarely) ever since I was off accutane. Well Ill never forget this moment as it has haunted me most of my 20s.

i was in the shower and used Acne OXY shower wash and it started to turn my skin red. Stupid me I though to battle red you must use more oxy and I started to burn my skin more and more over the weeks. At this point I fell into a depression. I moved outta the house and what I believe I used its been so long was the nuegentra oil free acne wash and I could remember burning my skin to the point it was on fire I probably used an entire bottle on my face in 7 days! I was young and dumb and had zero guidance.

the pinkish/redness has never gone away since those days and people always think I have a sunburn. They also look at me then wave themselves like they have a fan and say they are hot.

over the past few months I decided its time to get this finally looked at by a derm I had done self research before going in and assumed it was roscea so when i told him I had this red face for that long he jumped to conclusion and said yeah roscea. I had two vbeam treatments and im starting to think its not roscea. Its what I remember and whats been a day that I will never forget that changed my life forever.

im coming here seeking any advice if you read my story and believe me on what I know what it was that caused this. How should I treat it? Is it irreversible what products etc.

please and thanks.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 11/08/2018 2:11 pm

It sounds like a chemical burn...I had used too much BP and it caused my skin to burn, turn super red, peel, hurt like a sunburn, etc. But it did heal within a couple weeks....how long have you been dealing with this? Did you ever get to see a derm?