Using BP treatment ...

Notifications
Clear all

Using BP treatment after introducing AHA+

MemberMember
(@swiftbegonia)

Posted : 10/24/2018 1:26 pm

After a month of using the acne.org BP treatment & moisturizer with no allergic reaction, i introduced the AHA+ exfoliant to my regimen by mixing it with moisturizer and applying it before bed. This led to a noticeable complexion improvement.
I then tried to apply BP then moisturizer mixed with AHA+ but this caused swelling, redness, and itchiness which took 3 days to heal.
Thenafter a week i decided to try to alternate between BP and AHA+. The first night i used BP, let it absorb then applied moisturizer. the following morning i had the same reaction, redness, swelling & itchiness.
Has anyone else had a similar reaction to BP treatment after introducing AHA+ to the regimen?
It seems i cant use the BP treatment since i started using AHA+.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/27/2018 10:39 am

Hi SwiftBegonia,

The AHA+ is a powerful exfoliant so having a reaction to this product is normal. If your skin could not tolerate the AHA+, you may start off by mixing 50% of the AHA+ and 50% Acne.org Moisturizer and apply the mixture every night after you have applied the Acne.org Treatment. You can try this for a while and then switch back to using AHA+ full strength every 3 nights or so and see how that goes.

You may also start with a small amount of AHA+ and apply it every 2-3 nights and gradually ramp up the volume until your skin is well adjusted to the product.

MemberMember
(@swiftbegonia)

Posted : 12/10/2018 8:30 am

Hi, I did start with a small amount of AHA+... 50% AHA+ and 50% acne.org moisturizer. i Applied thismixbefore bed on 3different nights.

on a nighti didnt use AHA+, i applied the BP treatment, lets it absorb, then applied acne.org moisturizer. the following morning, my face was all swollen and itchy. it tooks ~ 3 days to feel normal again by washing my face at least 3 times a day.

for some reason, my face is no longer able to tolerate the BP treatment but can tolerate the AHA+and now my breakouts are back.