Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confused..should I try accutane?

I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinoid gel, tea tree oil, Doxycycline, diet, vitamins. 
I'm still breaking out on my antibiotics because I think I've become resistant.
I have mild acne but very it's persistent, scarring and it's gradually becoming be servere.
My dermatologist is urging me to start accutane
 but I'm nervous with all the side effects or possible long term damage. Is there anything else I should try? I might go with accutane as a last resort.

Edited by Guest

Have you tried changing your diet? I found following the plant paradox diet has stopped my breakouts. I also did take accutane 20 years ago. It was worth it at the time, but I recently restarted it and found I couldn’t handle the side effects. 

Go on Roacctane as a last resort as I heard it can cause depression your also not aloud to get pregnant or drink alcohol. I'm on trimethroprim antibiotics. It takes a while to see results about 8 weeks u won't see results straight away. Like u I tryed alot like spriloactone, Azealic acid, minocycline dianette erythromycin benzyol peroxide clindamycin, tetralycline.

On 29/09/2018 at 2:12 AM, TerrificFun said:

Have you tried changing your diet? I found following the plant paradox diet has stopped my breakouts. I also did take accutane 20 years ago. It was worth it at the time, but I recently restarted it and found I couldn’t handle the side effects. 

I'm glad your diet has helped.
I'm vegetarian and sadly I've noticed little to no change in my skin from my old unhealthy lifestyle to my current healthy vegetarian lifestyle.
cutting out dairy has been the one thing that's made a small difference but other than that I have had no luck.