Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wheezy

decided on microdermabrasion

Well, after searching around for a pick me up...I have decided on microdermabrasion. I was just going to mess my pants until I did it! I go Wednesday. If all goes well I am going to have a series. I want her to start out light and see how everything goes. If I just have a moderate improvement in my overall skin tone and texture I will be happy. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to work on my icepicks...but I don't have any down time and it's still too scary.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions? She is going to use a machine called Skinscape.

By the way, in a moment of insanity I bought Jan Marini's C-ESTA while I was in for my consultation. Geeze, this stuff really plumps you up. After a few days of use I can tell a difference. Don't know if I can afford to keep it up though.

Well, after searching around for a pick me up...I have decided on microdermabrasion.  I was just going to mess my pants until I did it!  I go Wednesday.  If all goes well I am going to have a series.  I want her to start out light and see how everything goes.  If I just have a moderate improvement in my overall skin tone and texture I will be happy.  Maybe one day I will be brave enough to work on my icepicks...but I don't have any down time and it's still too scary. 

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?  She is going to use a machine called Skinscape.

By the way, in a moment of insanity I bought Jan Marini's C-ESTA while I was in for my consultation.  Geeze, this stuff really plumps you up. After a few days of use I can tell a difference. Don't know  if I can afford to keep it up though.

in my opinion any improvements you see in tone and texture will be temporary at best, i wouldn't suggest microdermabrasion to anyone for anything

in my opinion any improvements you see in tone and texture will be temporary at best, i wouldn't suggest microdermabrasion to anyone for anything

Any tips? Yeah, save your money. You are being bamboozeled, taken for a ride, screwed three ways from Sunday, fleeced. Sorry for the Film Noir expressions -

Really, don't waste your money. Cancel you appointment. Micro will do zilch for scarring. I know, I wasted a lot of money on it. I have minimal scarring and it did nothing to reduce it. Reduced my wallet size though.

James

Yes, I would skip this one. You would be better off using a retinoid like Retin-A or Tazorac. I've been using Tazorac 2x a week and it has helped a lot in diminshing red marks from a past breakout.

please don't waste your money....i had 7 treatments done and it did absolutely nothing!!! it didn't even give me a nice glow. i have very minor scarring and there was no difference in my skin. i suggest you research other procedures for your scarring and put your money towards that. smile.gif

improvement to tone and texture, at best. zilch for scarring.

I even had my microdermabrasion series performed by the famed Dr. Y... (when it first came to the US - FDA approval) sadly, no lasting results. I did look better, because tone and texture was improved to some extent.

unless you keep doing it, you are completely buying temporary results, at best.

would not recommend doing this

Hi thanks for the replies but I don't really understand some of them. I thought I made it clear that I wasn't expecting results any improvement of my scars, and noe of the people I talked to about it told me it would help them. I'm just looking for something to pick me up right now. Well I had it done and it has!:) Whether the results are temporary or not I am very pleased and that's all that matters. I wasn't red or anything, and I thought it felt really good! I have have pretty thick oily skin and it has really brightened me up and I don't look so dull. I am going to continue on with a series of six. I like it!

Hi thanks for the replies but I don't really understand some of them.  I thought I made it clear that I wasn't expecting results any improvement of my scars, and noe of the people I talked to about it told me it would help them.  I'm just looking for something to pick me up right now.  Well I had it done and it has!:)  Whether the results are temporary or not I am very pleased and that's all that matters.  I wasn't red or anything, and I thought it felt really good!  I have have pretty thick oily skin and it has really brightened me up and I don't look so dull. I am going to continue on with a series of six. I like it!