Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jilly

Accutane and steroid acne

Hi you guys. I am a 28 female. I am also a competive bodybuilder who has used both anabolic and androgenic steroids for 7 years now. I have retired from body building and the steoids. I've been off now for 3 months and the acne is HORRIBLE! huge cystic acne on my face neck, shoulders and back. I was thinking of getting on acutane but been told acutane won't help acne caused from steroid use. Does anyone know whether this is true? Has anyone been in this situation before? THanks for any helpful info.

Guest Brandon

There was this one dude that had some of the worst acne I've ever seen in my life; all over his chest, back and face. And he attributed it to steroid use as well. I think he cleared it with Accutane though. Forgot his user name though.

thinking* this hard. I really don't know. But, if the doctor told you can't use it that means you can't. Why don't you try dan's regimen. If your case is severe it might clear it up.

There was this one dude that had some of the worst acne I've ever seen in my life; all over his chest, back and face. And he attributed it to steroid use as well. I think he cleared it with Accutane though. Forgot his user name though.

I remember who you are talking about, the thread was called something like "i'm a monster" or something like that...