Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on accutane for exactly 2 weeks now. My face is so clear, my family and friends keep on comenting on how clear my skin has become. Before i started accutane i had inflammatory acne that wouldnt go away on any meds and my face was extremly red. My question is , is it possible for accutane to work this quickly?Also, does this mean i am passing the initial breakout if my skin is responding this well?

I wouldnt even classify what i had "acne" but i would get the occational pimple here and there (and always when i wanted them least i.e. prom or weddings or things like that) but when i began taking it i was put on 10mg a day and i never experienced the "initial breakout" and noticed BEAUTIFUL skin after about 3-4 weeks...im talking it like GLOWED...i've been off of accutane now for about a year and i cant recall getting more than maybe 2 small pimples that were hardly noticable and my skin to this day will cause people to comment... so just hang in there and reguardless of weather you get the breakout or not the end result is superb!

I added a picture so u can judge for yourself... And sorry I had to edit the one but I was kinda outta that control that night... dont worry its just my bra but still lol...

post-13709-1103016608_thumb.jpg

post-13709-1103016608_thumb.jpg

Matt, what dose of Accutane are you on? I am just curious because sometimes a lower dose can delay but not prevent the initial breakout. This being said, I am extremely happy for you that you are getting such wonderful results from Accutane thus far. I just started again and hope that I am as fortunate as you.

Matt, what dose of Accutane are you on?  I am just curious because sometimes a lower dose can delay but not prevent the initial breakout.  This being said, I am extremely happy for you that you are getting such wonderful results from Accutane thus far.  I just started again and hope that I am as fortunate as you.

wow your so lucky, ive just finished week 2 aswell but my skin hasnt cleared yet although it is definitely improving.. was your acne just mild then? mine got to the stage of moderate-severe so obviously ill take longer, i havnt really noticed much of an initial breakout, but who can tell if itll happen later or not, everyone is different, maybe you have passed it and youll be totally clear from now on, but its best just to keep in mind that some people have it anytime up to 4 months.. and they all say its like a rollercoaster as in one week it can look clear and then the next like hell many times throughout the course.

but fingers crossed for ya.

I feel like I am in the same position since my face is extremely red and that makes it look broken out.

Your situation sounds somewhat similar to GO's situation. She was on a few different medications prior to starting Accutane and basically by-passed her initial breakout. It is a possibility that due to the fact that you were on minocyclin with the topicals, you could be in the same position. I wish this for you! I always like to hear success stories!!!

I have been on accutane for one month. Since then, I have only had a couple of small breakouts and they usually go away a day or two after. I just had my blood test for the second month (continuing 80mg). I have had dry skin (Jergens Ultra Healing works well), my hair seems to be thining a little which is a little annoying. I will have to see what I can do about that... I hope that my skin won't revert to how it was before (moderate acne).