Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonasdj4

WHAT CAN POSSIBLY BE CAUSING MY ACNE

*MY STORY* - IM 17, MALE

I started getting acne when I was 14 It started as soon as i changed school. It went from 1-2 pimples a month to 1-2 pimples a day. My forehead were the worst then comes my chin and jawline, temples too.

Then when i changed school again it got even worse SEVERE my whole face were covered. But then after half a year i dropped out cause i wanted to do something else and my acne cleared 75%. (Only used water on my face at this time)

Now i have mild to moderate acne, which is on and off nonstop and the hyperpigmentation (dark spots) are killing me.

--HERE'S THE THING THOUGH--
I do not get acne when i drink and same goes for bad foods. I was on festival for a week didn't get a single pimple - that makes no sense to me.

--WHAT I HAVE TRIED--
1. Benzoyl Peroxide for 3 months = Didn't do a thing

2. Benzoyl Peroxide(morning) + Differin(night) used it for 4 months = broke me out a lot the first two weeks then it went back to the way It was. I used sunscreen, cleaner and moisturizer from cetaphil.

3. Went gluten-free for a month = Didn't do anything.

4. I don't eat diary not even a little bit.

5. Went cavemen for a month = Best thing I've done - Doesn't matter if i use cleanser or moisturizer I get the same results.

6. Tried zinc and vitamin E supplements for a month or two = Didn't do anything.

7. Tried a low-carb diet = Didn't work either and I've been trying to gain weight for a month so I've been eating a lot of carbs but it's still the same. Acne comes and goes.

Hope you guys can help - Thank You!:)

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes