Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John73

45 Year old male. "Nothing" finally worked for me.

After finding a cleansing/moisturizing/spot treatment routine that was OK for a few years I was getting frustrated again and finally decided to give the caveman thing a try. The first month was strange (the breakouts were less, but my skin just felt strange). By month 3 things had really leveled out and I would say my acne is 75% better. I still get a few breakouts...but they never get to the cyst stage.

I honestly think all my cleansing was really cleaning away my body's naturally ability to fight breakouts. I first read about the "water only" thing here years ago and dismissed it. Then started reading more about it recently and decided it wouldn't hurt to try. 

I let my face get wet in the shower but not in the evenings. That is it. My acne is so much better and I save time and money. I don't know how well this would work for females or anyone who uses makeup. I also have no idea how it would work on hormonal acne. But I wanted to let some of the other adult guys out there know that it worked for me.

Similarly, my dandruff got much better when I stopped using dandruff shampoo more than once or twice a week. (I used it daily growing up).

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes