Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zitsownme

St Ive's apricot scrub v2

First off, I do the SA+BP morning/night regimen. Works well. Anyways, I was at the store the other day and noticed a new St Ive's Medicated........Oil Free! I looked at the back of the plain St Ive's Medicated and noticed it had one oil in it, if I recall right(not bothering to go upstairs and look), and never noticed it before. Well, has anyone else tried the Oil Free version? Does it work better than the normal version?

Also, about the Queen Helene Grape whatever mask, does that actually work well? If I use it as directed along with the sa+bp regimen will it improve my face even more? My face is about 90% clear most of the time, 95% the rest.

thx in advance people

I personally wouldn't recommend using St Ive's Apricot scrub or any OTC scrub product if you have acne prone skin. Although they might be good at exfoliating, they are also very irriating and harsh on acne prone skin, and are more likely to cause breakouts. If you need exfoliate, then I recommend you to use baking soda. For more info on using baking soda as a natural exfoliator, read this post: link

I've never ever had a problem with scrubs irritating my skin.. my skin is dryer after using my regular wash then my scrub. The only thing that has ever really irritated my skin is BP.

My derm told me the same thing that Kid A said. The exfoliating can cause little tears in your skin and just cause more acne. When I stopped using the exfoliating scrub I noticed a change it my skin.

Edited by RyanJ21

Guest OnlyJoe

That stuff is like rubbing brocken glass over your face

I much prefer baking soda mixed with a cream cleanser. It exfoliates well, and doesn't irritate my skin. The St. Ives always felt like it was making small tears on my skin (which was evident whenever I applied toner (dilute vinegar) afterwards, and it would burn in spots). The gentle version doesn't do that, but doesn't exfoliate as well as baking soda (too few particles in it).

I've used my mom's St. Ives Scrub before and I love the way that stuff feels.. as long as you dont rub too hard. I was tempted to buy some for myself.. but I dont wanna fuck up my regimen.

That medicated St. Ives Scrub is great for my legs makes them all soft and nice, but it's definitely bad for acne prone skin, trust me. It will "feel" good in the beginning, but in the end it just aggravates delicate facial skin, and makes things worse

I may be just lucky, but this stuff actually works. What's the difference from using this and the C&C blackhead eliminating stuff? Anyways, I went and bought the St Ives "BLEMISH CONTROL". It's like the Medicated type, but it doesn't have the oils in it, and it smells a little different(worse). But I must add, using this day and night(gently, not hardcore rubbing it in), along with the C&C CControl BP wash, and the Eucerin moisturizer has kept me 100% clear as of late. Before I was in the low 90's% clear, using the St Ives "MEDICATED" instead of the "Blemish Control"

Yeah I might.. but I already use like 600 different products. I might just replace my morning cleanser with it.. because I really did like the way it felt when I used it.. and it certainly wasnt irritating. My night time scrub has microbeads.. and Ive definatly never had problems with it making cuts on my face that break me out.. it's helped alot. Unless people have exceptionally sensitive skin they shouldn't be so paranoyed about irritation.. unless its BP because that stuff's brutal. So I guess I'll buy some St. Ives when I run out of my morning cleanser.

I've used St Ives face scrub for a couple of years now and I'm pretty sure it's improved my skin texture.

I don't scrub at it like a lunatic.. just very gently. It gets rid of rough or flaky skin and makes my skin smooth and soft (not at all dry or irritated).

I use it once every two or three days and I really like the stuff smile.gif