Notifications
Clear all

Can increasing your protein intake reduce acne?

MemberMember
(@plzdisappearacne)

Posted : 07/26/2018 10:41 am

After upping my protein intake, my breakouts have lessened. Does having protein deficiency cause acne?

MemberMember
(@wildhealthwellness)

Posted : 07/26/2018 11:02 am

Yes it definitely can help! are you a vegetarian?
We need amino acids which is what is found in protein. These amino acids make up healthy skin, hair and nails.
Also if you're reducing your protein this can lead to cravings for  more carbohydrates which can lead to acne. Protein can also help balance blood-sugar which is absolutely  crucial for getting you acne under control!
 Remember: when dealing with acne it's not just ONE thing that is a fix all. there can be many reasons why we're dealing with acne.

If you want more information check out this free guide that I have created for people who are struggling with skin issues especially acne. [link removed]

I'm a Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant and I struggled for YEARS with major cystic acne it wasn't until I started cleaning up my diet and getting to the root of the issue. This  is when I saw major improvements with my skin and I no longer deal with horrible skin.

Check out my website here: [link removed]   I would love to connect if you need further assistance :)

MemberMember
(@plzdisappearacne)

Posted : 07/26/2018 11:29 am

Thank you for your reply and the link :) I just subscribed.

That totally makes sense. I have been getting my protein from peanut butter, eggs, meat and nut butters. I consider my diet to be healthy but I figured I wasn't getting enough of certain nutrients.

I drink 8 glasses of water every day. I eat plenty of greens, fruits, and veggies. I stay away from sugar unless it's in the form of natural sweeteners such as maple syrup or honey. I don't eat junk food or anything with refined, processed ingredients. I also try to eat organic as much as I can and steer clear of GMO's.