Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaximusMyth

Stievamycin and Staticin

Greetings. A long while ago, I was perscribed "Stievamycin" by my family doctor for my moderate acne ("medium strength" version). It was an awkward jelly-style substance. I haven't used it in a long while, and I can't even recall what the hell was in it, but I was wondering if anyone else here has come accross this product?

The same goes for "Staticin" which a doctor at a walk-in clinic perscribed me earlier in the year (which I also no longer use). Staticin, the ingredients of which I cannot recall, came in this goofy little bingo-marker bottle (you'de then just apply it directly from the bottle by rubbing it on the affected areas).

Anybody ever encountered these in their skincare travels?

Greetings.  A long while ago, I was perscribed "Stievamycin" by my family doctor for my moderate acne ("medium strength" version).  It was an awkward jelly-style substance.  I haven't used it in a long while, and I can't even recall what the hell was in it, but I was wondering if anyone else here has come accross this product?

The same goes for "Staticin" which a doctor at a walk-in clinic perscribed me earlier in the year (which I also no longer use).  Staticin, the ingredients of which I cannot recall, came in this goofy little bingo-marker bottle (you'de then just apply it directly from the bottle by rubbing it on the affected areas). 

Anybody ever encountered these in their skincare travels?

I'm currently using regular strength stievamycin and it has been working great!

It should be noted that when I started using it I *only* had blackheads. What it did was push the crap right out of the blackheads leaving you with a completely pure and clean pore.

Overall it's working, though I am having a small initial breakout. Only red bumps though, no actual pimples. They were big at first, but are dying down already (after 3 days).

My doctor prescribed Staticin a few years ago. I don't think it worked to well - and I know what you mean about the bottle. rolleyes.gif Wouldn't the stupid sponge on the end be full of bacteria?? confused.gif

i think my real problem with stievamycin right now is that this 's' is just working all TOO well. too well for my comfort. i can't even show my face to the outside world anymore. i'm hoping it will subside in a few days, i've noticed my marks going away and some pimples drying out. doubt.gif