Neck redness and pe...

Notifications
Clear all

Neck redness and peeling! Help!

MemberMember
(@boxerchick)

Posted : 06/27/2018 6:22 pm

Hey everyone!

I have been using the Regimen for a couple months now with good results. One thing I have been struggling with and trying to figure out is why my neck is constantly developing a rash like appearance.

I wash my face and body with the same gentle cleanser. I only apply Dans BP 2.5% to my face, once in the morning and once in the evening. Im careful to keep the BP application to my face only. Same with my moisturiser.

I had some redness and flaking/peeling on my face for the first six weeks so my skin got used to the bp. Now my face is used to it and my facial skin is looking good. I dont understand why my neck keeps breaking out in these red rashes where the skin is so dry it peels and flakes and looks strange.

When I first started the regimen I used bp on my neck and quickly realised that was a mistake. Now that I keep my BP usage confined to my face, why is my neck acting like it is being super irritated by something? I always wear my hair in a bun on top of my head so it cant be hair products (I dont use any). I havent changed anything except I began the Regimen a few months ago.

Does anyone else have this issue? Better yet, did anyone have this and figure out how to solve & prevent it?

I have tried applying moisturiser to my neck before doing anything else. The areas on my neck where it gets the rash are .. really weird. They come and go. Im so perplexed.Thanks for any advice you guys.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/28/2018 2:44 pm

Hi BoxerChick,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Just to clarify, when you apply the Acne.org Treatment is it before or after your workout? Sweat could be dragging the Acne.org Treatment down to your neck causing your dryness. If you are working out in the afternoon, you may wash your face with the Cleanser to prevent the Treatment from dripping to your skin however if you workout in the morning, you may wait after your exercise before applying the Acne.org Treatment.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

MemberMember
(@boxerchick)

Posted : 06/30/2018 5:23 pm

Hi mate, thanks for the input. 

I first want want to say that when I work out, I get extremely sweaty. My workouts are always very early around 6am. However I wash my face with a gentle cleanser before I exercise and shower after.

So I probably would have thought the same thing was going on if I was you. But I don™t think it has anything to do with my workouts.

I think that I have figured out a way to solve my dilemma. 

I also have come to a hypothesis over the past few days.

1. Wash my face and neck with gentle foaming cleanser

2. Apply moisturiser generously to all the skin under my jaw after patting face and neck dry

3. Wait 15 minutes, apply BP to face

4. Wait 15 min, apply moisturiser to face

The above steps have about cleared up the neck and jaw line rash!!! Woohoo  :)

I think that perhaps, what was happening is that when I was washing my face and neck before doing the regimen, I was accidentally letting the previous application of BP drip onto my sensitive neck area where I was not applying anything after drying it. Even though I thought I was cleansing my face AND neck, I am not sure I was. It seems likely the previous BP application was irritating my neck after I would wash and dry my face.

Since I began applying moisturiser to my neck and right under my jawline (where the rash and peeling was), my neck has become smooth and cleared up over the past 3 days. I suppose I will need to continue doing this but these small routine additions are a totally worth having clear skin!! Every morning when I look in was mirror I think...Thank GOD, thank you for sharing this with us Dan.