Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titan44

Initial breakout after 2 days on bp 2.5%???

i have just had a huge breakout, and i wondered if this could be the initial breakout because i have been using bp (oxy on the spot) 2.5% cream for 2 days now, and i also upped my dosage of oxytetracycline from 3x250mg a day to 4x250mg a day.

i have just had a huge breakout, and i wondered if this could be the initial breakout because i have been using bp (oxy on the spot) 2.5% cream for 2 days now, and i also upped my dosage of oxytetracycline from 3x250mg a day to 4x250mg a day.

i disagree, i got a break an initial break out, and it was pretty bad. all the white heads came out from under the skin and after that day, it all went away. this is my second week in the regimen and i'm pretty clear, except for like 1 or 2 pimples now and then, however they go away in like a day.

It was probably just coincidence, the only good part is that they'll clear up faster while you're layin' on the BP. I do know that SA causes initial breakouts in a lot of people, me included.

A lot of people do get an initial breakout, that's usually because all the acne underneth the skin, including the stuff you can't see, is all coming to the top and getting smaller.

ok cheers, im on my 4th day today, my skin has started to peel a little bit, how often should i use my oxy on the spot bp 2.5% cream, at the moment im using it once a day.

more than likely a coincidence. I've been on the regimen for like 5 months now and my face and neck is 100% clear, it really is amazing but it does take a while ( i was still braeking out untill week 6.

good luck and persevere. wink.gif

more than likely a coincidence. I've been on the regimen for like 5 months now and my face and neck is 100% clear, it really is amazing but it does take a while ( i was still braeking out untill week 6.

good luck and persevere. wink.gif

thats great,  do i have to put it on my neck then to get rid of acne around this area.  Also does bp 2.,5% get rid of blackheads?