Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam7377

Protruding plug from pores on nose

Hello, 

I'm a 24 male seeking some insight on what the hell is going on with my nose. I have clear skin on my entire face except for the sides of my nose where I get protruding gunk coming out of my pores. This gunk will keep getting larger until plucked, after it is plucked it is left with an empty pore that does not return to its normal size. The pore wil hen  fill up with the same exact substance within a week or so. I'm not sure what the plug is But I'm guessing it's hardened sebum? It's a tan-yellow type color, much like petroleum. I went to the derm about 2 months ago and he precibed me tazorac gel 0.05. Since using taz my nose has been popping up with more of these plugs and it seems like these pores are scarring. I have been doing a lot of research to figure out what the heck this is and I've been seeing answers from some sort of fungal infection, demo-Dex or sebaceous fillaments but no concrete diagnosis . im having a hard time finding people with the same condition. To give you some backroumd my nose is very oily. 

Here is my regimen . 

Am
cetephil gentle cleanser 
cerevea am lotion/sunscreen 

pm
cetephil gentle cleanser 
cerevea pm moosturizer
taz 0.05 

thw he past two weeks I have also been adding 10% gycoloc wipes and alternating nights with taz.  

Check out out the picks of my nose. This is about after a week of leaving my pores unplucked. I'm really hoping someone out there knows what' the is. 

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

Edited by sam7377

yes from personal  experience, I believe  its caused by an overproduction of sebum. 

if you google it, your find ways to stop your body overproducing sebum. 

16 hours ago, MrBakery said:

yes from personal  experience, I believe  its caused by an overproduction of sebum. 

if you google it, your find ways to stop your body overproducing sebum. 

Unfortnately this is one of the responses I've feared as controlling oil without the help of accutane can be hard to accomplish. Since you had mentioned you dealt with this personally is there anything you tried with success? 

myself.. vitamin zinc, minimal face washing, avoiding products  containing sls, pure tea tree oil  topically. 

3 hours ago, MrBakery said:

myself.. vitamin zinc, minimal face washing, avoiding products  containing sls, pure tea tree oil  topically. 

Sorry for not knowing but what exactly is sls? 

sls is Sodium laureth sulfate, its in most creams and soaps. its known to cause problems for people with acne problems

Does anyone else out there have some insight on what might be the cause of this and possible treatments?