Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiceTurnover

TCA CROSS 100. What to do with the larger pores after tcacross?

Please help ! I did one week ago tca cross 100% but where some scabs felt off it appeared bigger scar than before!!! For example, i wanted to eliminate just few enlarged pores but now it looks like boxcar scar pn the chin. And everywhere pores look bigger and more noticeble then before! 

I used the smallest syringe, didnt squueze tca just touched the pores. 

1) WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW??? Should i wait one month and then to try again tca cross but just to put on the bottom not touching sides of scar? Or will it be more worse and just deeper? Because in fact its acid which leads to necrosis and just eats the skin. 

2) can i take roakkutane since now or at the same time when doing tca cross? Or at leadt in one month after?

Im desperate!!!! I would very appreciate all your answers!

Ps

3) and how actually the healing goes after tca cross? Is it the same like with usual wound when cutting or scratching the skin off? Forms clot scsb and underneath normal tissue? Is yes why would the new tissue would grow higher than it was so that scar looks not so deep? When usual wound the skin grows just to the same hight as the surroanding skin. So with tca cross skin forms to the same hight of the bottom of the scar as it was? And everyone is saying scar looks more shallow after tca cross cause acid with toochpick touches the sides of scar and in result it just looks bigger wider and therefore not so noticable? Is this the point of tca cross? To make the scar a batter looking scar but Bigger ?...

Edited by NiceTurnover

DO NOT do 100% TCA Cross, this is asking for issues to happen. Your not a certified medical professional. Why was a syringe used on your face, this is a medical instrument and procedure. 

Of course they get wider, ... your not trained to know the diameter of acceptable scars for cross, but that can happen with smaller spots, ... the point is to raise the scar floor and then resurface. It takes a few treatments. Use lower percentage acid (dilute water).

Goto a derm if you have a emergency or the emergency room.

I can tell from your questions you did not read the FAQ and the acid peel section, there is a link to the mega post. Read all the pages. Even to the end, ... we just had some more freak out acid accidents that are helpful as well in that post. It tells you the safety steps.

Wait so your on Accutane and did 100% TCA cross. You could seriously damage your skin badly. The skin is thinned out, ... you have to wait 6 months after completion. Please Goto a dermatologist or emergency.

No TCA cross is like a burn, that is what you did, burn't yourself. Don't understand any of the last paragraph read the Acid Peels Mega Post in the FAQ.

https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/361029-acne-scar-qa-faq-library-of-popular-threads/

22 hours ago, NiceTurnover said:

Im desperate!!!! I would very appreciate all your answers!

Maybe you should just post a pic. Not that I want to downplay your concerns, but soooooooooooo many people cry wolf over nothing.

Thanks for your replies! 
No,Im not on accutane, just was thinking if its allowed immediately after peel cause its retinoid and suppose to increase collagen production, so maybe also a better raising of the bottom of the scar.
i mean, will or does the bottom of the scar raises while the next month or will it stay the same as the scab felt off? 
i guess it will because the idea of  tca cross is to make a wound so that the scar tightens like wound, right? If so, means tca should touch a bit of the sides of the scar not just the bottom so the sides could connect with each other? 
Ps some scabs felt off but most pores look just the same or a bit wider, though checkenpox scar or one more looks like better, maybe scabs should have stayed longer than obe week to see a difference..
Thanks a lot

NO retin a 1 week before a peel or after until completely 100% healed.  You can damage your face.
You use retin a when there are no scabs or fresh wounds. You just put acid on your face and you want to put another acid on top?

TCA CRoss can take up to 6 months to heal fully, many heal quicker. You ONLY treat the bed of the scar not the "walls" your raising the floor not making bigger pits.  You tca spot peel or resurface the whole scarred area (at low - dilute percentages once you raise the scars from cross. 

No you do not cross two close nearby adjacent scars they can connect and make a mega scar. Rotate. 

The scars will obviously widen, as you are bringing the floor to the surface and then you will resurface. Your not treating the sides or spot peeling with 100% cross, this is nuts! I have seen it many times damaged face from 100% acid all over the face for a peel. As a at home person you should only be doing 50% diluted for cross and 30% for peels. You must build up, through diluted peels, you can't slap it on.

Read the FAQ and the acid peel section. The whole link to the mega post. These things are covered there!

https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/361029-acne-scar-qa-faq-library-of-popular-threads/

@NiceTurnover The morphology of scar following any invasive treatment goes something like this:

1) Icepick scar morphs into a boxcar once the scar bed is lifted by the new collagen.

2) Boxcar, wider but shallower than icepick, morphs into a rolling scar when the collagen develops further.

3) Rolling scars, depending on their size and how extensive they are, can form a linear scar (eg. crease)