Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ellachaston

No acne to a lot in just one week, no past experience

360944CD-2841-4D09-BFCE-7EA72864CA26.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone out there can shed a light on why my skin is playing up so much. I’m finding that my acne is upsetting me so much that I am constantly crying and I can’t get myself to leave my room, missing lectures and cancelling plans! Which is so unlike me. (Background) I’m 21, never suffered with acne before yet over the last two weeks my skin has gone from the photo above to the photos below. CCC3D410-2D10-4FB6-AA4D-CF116AE447F0.jpeg

I am unsure how to treat it. I’m sure a combination of my period and stress sparked it off more than two weeks ago now but it just has not relaxed ever since, it has only gotten worse. I have tried a range of tea tree products but that only dried out the skin and the amount of spots doubled over this time! It’s causing me so much stress and I have a background of very serious mental health disorders one of which I am still in recovery for and I feel like this is a huge trigger for me. I feel so hopeless. I have also been reading a lot into it and the remedies are endless all with 50:50 results, I just don’t know what to do. Please help if possible I’m so upset. I’m inclined in trying to go on the pill hoping that’ll help, unsure what others think!? 

Thank you, and I can answer further questions if needs be.  Edited by Ellachaston

Benzoyl Peroxide and Retin-A. Should notice improvement pretty quickly (a couple days). 

Also, relax! Hormones, stress result in breakouts but its not as bad as you think, and you'll only get worse if you worry too much. It happens to all of us. 

5 hours ago, Ellachaston said:

(Background) I’m 21, never suffered with acne before yet over the last two weeks my skin has gone from the photo above to the photos below. 

Well, if you've never suffered from acne before and you're massively breaking out, there's obviously something wrong with your body. First, go get your blood checked, including the urine test. If there's an infection, you will be prescribed an antibiotic. In the meantime, take aspirin to control the inflammation (redness) and apply tretinoin to the affected areas (while you need a prescription for Retin-A, you can buy Differin as OTC at any pharmacy).