Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darklord

Chemical burn

Hi,

I have developed this red patch around my nose from applying vinegar, is there anything i can use on it to subside the reddness?

Also will it eventually fade with time?

Thanks,

Tom

I imagine it will fade within a couple of weeks, Tom, if it's how I imagine it to be. I don't think it will stick around in the same way that a red mark from acne does, as the burn won't have gone as deep if it's just from ACV.

You could apply a number of things to speed up the healing, notably amino plex, manuka honey, emu oil etc, but as these are all quite expensive I'd be tempted just to let the skin heal by itself. I'm sure it will do so pretty quickly.

Thx Ross, thats a relief to hear that and its only a minor burn so hopefully it will go. I am actually putting aloe vera gel on it as quite a few people have said that it is good. This amino plex stuff sounds good aswell though any idea of where i could get it from on the internet?

Thanks,

Tom

I too got a chem. burn once from ACV. I made to mistake of leaving it on over night with emu oil on top. stupid i know. I should have just put cooking grease on a fire. That's what it felt like.

Once I realized it was a burn I put straight 100% aloe on it and it peeled like crazy for a few days but it went away. the red mark stayed around for a few weeks though.

I would recommend aloe at night and once the burn is gone try delna's regimen for the left over red mark. Just be sure to dilute the acv good.

Thanks hopeless, yeh i got it from leaving the ACV on all day everyday for about a week, so the burn came gradually i am using the aloe vera though so hopefully it will go like yours did.

Will do.

Thanks,

Tom biggrin.gif

i once got a chemical burn tooo, FROM garlic, it burnt right thru me.. anywai just use a wound gel for it, u can get it from chemists etc, my wound scabed in 1 week and came off around 2 weeks later..