Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
presrox

do aspirin masks get rid of red marks?

if i used one every day or every other day until christmas do you think my red marks will be greatly diminished?? & benkweller is not allowed to post here (unless he has something nice to say)...

Try using apple cider vinegar. Its great for getting rid of red/brown marks left after acne. Lots of people here have been using it and have seen very impressive results. Check out Delna's original post for more info: link

yes you do ben & i thank you for not insulting me...i think this is the first nice post you've posted in a thread of mine. congratz! try to stay that way!

wait so which is better to use? im gonna stick with the aspirin masks because on makeupalley.com the reviews are amazing! almost everyone says their face cleared up! its so upsetting because if these red marks would just go away id have a clear complexion...me=upset

Correction, I'm 15 not 13. I'm a sophomore in high school but there are some 14 year olds. I just don't know what to do I'm confused. I'm afraid if I use the aspirin mask it'll just make things worse or irritate my skin. As long as many people say it got rid of their red marks I'll use it!

don't know about aspirin, but SA irritates the hell out of my skin, and vinegar doesn't. I get more breakouts on SA than with vinegar

if i used one every day or every other day until christmas do you think my red marks will be greatly diminished?? & benkweller is not allowed to post here (unless he has something nice to say)...

Ben, I know you love getting technical, so I just thought I'd let you know that aspirin as actually acetylsalicylic acid not SA (I believe it gets converted to SA when taken internally, but thats not important if being applied topically). I'm not sure about direct cost comparisons, but a bottle of a few hundred is only a couple of dollars. Your using only 5-10 pills per mask.

Aspirin works well for me to reduce redness, but I wouldn't use it daily. For me daily was too harsh. Two or three times a week will be fine. Its a great exfoliator.

After reading the wonderful MakeupAlley reviews on the aspirin mask...I decided to give it a try....Oh, how I wanted it to work but, it did nothing for me...

The guys who say ACV worked for them. Do you use it as a toner with half ACV mixed with half water and rub it on the skin using a cotton pad? Do you leave it on overnight? I was just wondering how you did it as it doesn't seem to be helping me. doubt.gif