Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
x_Martha08_x

Benezoyl peroxide has ruined my skin

About a year ago, i got prescribed benezoyl peroxide from my GP. I used this for about 6 months and it successfully got rid of all my acne, however as soon as i stopped using it, it all started to come back. So this is why is used it for 6 months on and off. About 4 months ago, i went off it completely for a week and as my acne came back i used it once more. When i applied it, it made all the places where i applied it red. This redness has lasted over 4 months, i think it is slowly going away, but will it eventually go completely ? Its really starting to annoy me, because i thought it was an irritation that would go away in a couple of weeks.

it's probably irritated, make sure to moisturize after applying benzol peroxide or else it could burn your skin. i burned my skin with 10% benzol peroxide and it left a red mark. it started to peel off later but it was really terrible. learned my lesson