Trying to Quit the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Trying to Quit the Regimen

MemberMember
(@daisyskies)

Posted : 12/25/2017 9:07 pm

Hello! I have been using Dan's regimen for about a year and 7 months. I started using it due to (I'm assuming) severe acne from high stress, and it completely cleared my skin (albeit terribly drying it out the first few weeks). When I had originally used it, I did it morning on night on my forehead (major trouble area, rest of the skin was dry and clear), and eventually I ran out of the cleanser and moisturizer and just started repurchasing the treatment w/ a sensitive skin cleanser to be economical. Somewhere inbetween I started to only use it at night (don't wash my face in the morning any longer either) and don't recall any break outs from that. I'm hoping that my hormones have calmed from the worst of puberty, as my older sister's acne had ended around my age, so I'm trying to wean off the BP to decrease any long term side effects. Has anyone successfully quit it? Also, I am looking into natural methods (e.g. tree oil) to keep breakouts at bay, and was wondering if I used those in conjunction with my weaning off of BP, if I will experience the terrifying Extremely Bad Breakout three months later that seems to be very common in these forums. Thank you so much!

MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 12/29/2017 3:07 pm

On 12/26/2017 at 4:07 AM, daisyskies said:

Hello! I have been using Dan's regimen for about a year and 7 months. I started using it due to (I'm assuming) severe acne from high stress, and it completely cleared my skin (albeit terribly drying it out the first few weeks). When I had originally used it, I did it morning on night on my forehead (major trouble area, rest of the skin was dry and clear), and eventually I ran out of the cleanser and moisturizer and just started repurchasing the treatment w/ a sensitive skin cleanser to be economical. Somewhere inbetween I started to only use it at night (don't wash my face in the morning any longer either) and don't recall any break outs from that. I'm hoping that my hormones have calmed from the worst of puberty, as my older sister's acne had ended around my age, so I'm trying to wean off the BP to decrease any long term side effects. Has anyone successfully quit it? Also, I am looking into natural methods (e.g. tree oil) to keep breakouts at bay, and was wondering if I used those in conjunction with my weaning off of BP, if I will experience the terrifying Extremely Bad Breakout three months later that seems to be very common in these forums. Thank you so much!

Whats your age?

MemberMember
(@daisyskies)

Posted : 12/29/2017 3:36 pm

18 right now, started when I was around 16 (same as my sister). I'm also suffering from dry skin (I originally had normal/oily combo) and I'm thinking that my skin is going the same direction as my sister's (her's was oily/combo now her's is crAZy dry).

MemberMember
(@halomalo)

Posted : 01/06/2018 4:18 pm

On 12/29/2017 at 0:36 PM, daisyskies said:

18 right now, started when I was around 16 (same as my sister). I'm also suffering from dry skin (I originally had normal/oily combo) and I'm thinking that my skin is going the same direction as my sister's (her's was oily/combo now her's is crAZy dry).

girl I feel you. I was 15 almost 16 in couple months when I started the regimen and stopped right before I turned 17. So basically like a year and maybe 4 months. I shared my skincare routine on my last topic but basically Ive been using up the rest of the acne.org BP just on my forehead and using natural products like aloe Vera for the rest of my face. I dont use any other BP products like clean and clear on my face anymore bc it was just making me look crusty. It takes a while to get off the regimen, I had bad breakouts for like a month or two but now my skin looks healthier and clearer than when on the regimen

MemberMember
(@daisyskies)

Posted : 01/08/2018 10:02 pm

On 1/6/2018 at 3:18 PM, halomalo said:
On 12/29/2017 at 2:36 PM, daisyskies said:

girl I feel you. I was 15 almost 16 in couple months when I started the regimen and stopped right before I turned 17. So basically like a year and maybe 4 months. I shared my skincare routine on my last topic but basically Ive been using up the rest of the acne.org BP just on my forehead and using natural products like aloe Vera for the rest of my face. I dont use any other BP products like clean and clear on my face anymore bc it was just making me look crusty. It takes a while to get off the regimen, I had bad breakouts for like a month or two but now my skin looks healthier and clearer than when on the regimen

n i've just been spot treating the break outs to wean off it, and went basically cold turkey on my nose and am putting small amounts of bp to the bigger spots. i've decided to switch to mizon's snail repair cream (which has been doing WONDERS for my undereyes) and it speeds up the healing process for my popped pimples (bp prevented proper healing). your reply gives me hope though!!! hopefully these break outs will go away soon