Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammy18

keloid scars

im an 18 year old caucasian with several large keloid scars on my chest they are also red, ive gotten collagen injections many times, and ive tried the scar sheets.

I was wondering what i can do for them as most of my chest is disfigured by them and small acne scars, my doctor said they are too big or something for dermabrasian, and i used to play basketball all the time, but i havent in 2 years, cause im ashamed to play skins, not too mention i havent gone swimming either, i really hate it, although im fortunate my face has never had major acne problems.

im an 18 year old caucasian with several large keloid scars on my chest they are also red, ive gotten collagen injections many times, and ive tried the scar sheets.

I was wondering what i can do for them as most of my chest is disfigured by them and small acne scars, my doctor said they are too big or something for dermabrasian, and i used to play basketball all the time, but i havent in 2 years, cause im ashamed to play skins, not too mention i havent gone swimming either, i really hate it, although im fortunate my face has never had major acne problems.

If they are truely keloid scars, meaning they are red, raised, and extending BEYOND the original zone of injury, then steroid injections are really the only effective treatment.  See a physician to get an accurate diagnosis.  Only then can the right form of treatment be recommended.

Steroid injections can flatten these scars but it needs to be done correctly.  If they are still red, then laser treatments can reduce the color, but usually will not flatten the raised area.