Notifications
Clear all

Healthy Eating Advice / Caffeine Purge / Drinking Water / Exercise

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 12/02/2017 4:06 pm

I need some advice on eating healthy, it sounds silly but there's so much science and diets out there it gets a little bit confusing.
I also wish to stop and cut out caffeine, I drink way too much coffee and tea throughout the day, even as much as upto 8 cups a day and even more in some cases. The scary part is that it's so routine I'm not even thinking of what I'm doing and I'm just doing it.

I want to drink water but it's so tasteless and boring, how do you commit?

Back to eating healthy, I'm hoping that even if the acne doesn't cease - I at least wish to pursue a healthy eating lifestyle, but the one concern is that it's so expensive!

How do you budget for eating healthy, and more importantly what is considered a healthy diet? One that helps skin anyway.
How do you eat healthy when you work in retail and your patterns are al different?

And if you haven't done any exercise for 7 years, how do you slowly ease yourself into it? Goals? Objectives?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@rblhws)

Posted : 12/03/2017 10:38 am

I think the consensus is, high GI foods promote acne. Possibly dairy too. I think coffee and tea are fine.

Personally, I know if I eat white foods like, white bread, white rice, pasta, milk, I almost immediately breakout in cystic acne.

Thetwald liked
MemberMember
(@dermagreens)

Posted : 12/03/2017 12:42 pm

Good news... the science we're bombarded with is complicated, there is way too much diet bunk on the internet, and if you're looking to skincare companies and doctors for answers you'll never hear the simple truth. Learning what to eat, why to eat it and how to make it is the most simple information and acne option available. It's the simplest acne cure available, but there's no $$ in simple acne cures, so no one is marketing it to you. Acne is a multi-million dollar industry, offering to show you the real cure in the produce section at the supermarket isn't lol

Eating healthy is absolutely NOT expensive!  I prooomise!... In fact you'll cut your grocery bill in half if you focus on avoiding specific foods and including specific food only! You'll also cut your meal plan and prep time in half. You will notice positive effects, because you will be targeting the cause. The acne causes you read about are actually the symptoms of malfunctioning body systems we've activated with poor diet. It's why North American's make up 80% of acne sufferers world wide.

I'd be more than happy to help!  and I'll guarantee you that I can help! ^_^ check out my "About" section and message me if you like

Thetwald liked
MemberMember
(@daintydarter)

Posted : 12/04/2017 6:10 pm

I read that coffee triggers acne, since caffeine triggers some stress hormone which is known to cause acne

Thetwald liked
MemberMember
(@huynhingskin)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:10 am

Hey,

I want to drink water but it's so tasteless and boring, how do you commit?
Think long term goals

How do you eat healthy when you work in retail and your patterns are al different?
Pack lunch! This is the only way you will know what you will be eating and you can save a lot of money by cooking

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:37 am

Fiber supplementation and replacing all beverages with strictly water, tea, and up to 1 can of diet soda/sugarless Gatorade per day will have tremendous impact on you without any other significant lifestyle changes (which can later be incorporated)

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 01/23/2018 4:06 am

This has been a real struggle for me too but IMO, take it one step at a time, you can't force yourself to eat all of the 'healthy' foods right away. Eliminate them one by one and once your system gets the hang of it, I think that's when you can add more food to eliminate.