Is the acne.org reg...

Notifications
Clear all

Is the acne.org regimen right for me?

MemberMember
(@amk62)

Posted : 11/30/2017 3:33 pm

I just ordered the acne.org regimen, so i can expect it in 3-8 days. I'm 21 years old and I have had relatively clear skin my whole life- just a few zits here and there every once in awhile- but last month my skin started to freak out a bit, I'm not really sure why, and now I have acne mostly everywhere in my t-zone (forehead, cheeks by nose, and chin). I have been using cetaphil cleanser and cetaphil face moisturizer for the last few weeks, but the acne hasn't really gotten better. There are dark spots left on my chin where some of the acne used to be- is this going to go away? A couple of days ago I treated my face with 10% benzoyl peroxide after the cetaphil cleanser and before the moisturizer. I did again the day after and my face started to sting relatively badly and turn red. I think I may have used too much so I'm backing off of that for now- my face is SUPER flaky today. I don't have naturally oily skin- but I ordered the regimen because I thought it would be a safer option than 10% benzoyl peroxide. I have also been on minocycline for a couple of weeks now. Is the acne.org regimen right for me even though I didn't have acne until like a month ago and my skin is not naturally oily? Will it still work for me, or will it just dry out my skin and cause more breakouts? Looking for honest answers and guidance- as well as encouragement. Thank you everyone!

MemberMember
(@alidenise)

Posted : 11/30/2017 9:23 pm

Having oily skin doesn't effect whether the regimen is right for you, at least in my opinion. I had extremely dry skin that would flake off, & I had acne at the same time, and the regimen worked wonders for me. The trick is not to overdo it with the benzoyl peroxide. 10% is way too harsh- even on the 2.5% I had to let my skin get used to it for a couple week! My advice is to start slowly with it and use a lot of moisturizer, and if you ordered it, then jojoba oil as well. Work your way up on the BP so that your skin doesn't get too irritated.

As for dark spots, these will go away in time. Once your skin gets healthy then they will begin to fade. If you want them to fade faster, you can consider using AHA.