Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ohsnapitzsarah

Help!! My red marks wont go away!!

This past summer I had finally cleared up my acne!! However I was left with these red marks on my cheeks for months now and can’t seem to get rid of them. I have tried so many products like vitamin C serums and getting chemical peels and nothing has worked! I have been using .1% tretinoin cream for the past 6 months and wear sunscreen everyday and haven’t seen much fading in my dark marks. Anyone have any tips??!! I’m so insecure about my skin and makeup can’t even cover it. 

CF07737D-24D0-414C-8EB4-05483C056F99.jpeg

0216665C-F46E-4C95-9C5C-F6D62E274C61.jpeg

7A6E6301-FCF9-496B-9319-73B81FF96C3A.jpeg

16245117-8D79-40D1-9126-552285E463D2.jpeg

Edited by ohsnapitzsarah

ive read some creams like benzoyl peroxide can prolong red marks/post acne.

im not familiar with .1% tretinoin cream. is that something your doctor gave you? a google search says its for the treatment of acne but one possible side effect is skin irritation / redness (which i guess is quite common with acne medicines)

in my option, active acne and post acne marks/red marks and scars , should be treated differently.  - this was something i learnt the hard way.. as i didnt even know anything on post acne marks when growing up.

firstly check your medicine leaflet which came with the .1% tretinoin to check side effects.

- if issued by your doctor, have a talk with them to see if stopping treatment would benefit your skin in healing .

and lastly do some reaserch on post acne marks and what you need to do to treat it. (exfoliation etc)

Edited by MrBakery