Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avelon

hyperpigmentation and IPL need advise

I have been a long time lurker; my regime is based on good advising from this site.

Over the past 2 years I have gone a little mad I think. I started with what you could call a pizza face. I had every kind of acne there is and one day I said to myself no matter what the cost or the pain it was going to be done. That’s when the crusade madness started. ninja.gif

Today, I am down to the last stubborn white heads and the occasional flair up at my menstruation time, unfortunately over the years (I am 34) my skin has suffered, it is marked from hyperpigmentation, redness and some pit scars its kind of depressing to go through $8k worth of surgery, peels, various chemicals, dermatologist costs etc and still have some more to go. Just once I want a clear skinned face.

Now to my question, I have heard PhotoFacial (IPL) can work for acne sufferers in clearing the overall tone of skin. If anyone has had this done can they post with their results and if they throught it was worth it? I am down to the last leg and very keen to get on with the last procedure.

UPDATE : I just spoke with my plastic surgeon office, they use something called Solar Genesis which is meant to be the next generation pulse light therapy.

Cheers,

Avelon

ah, you sound just like me..! i know how you feel.. i just decided to go for laser treatments since i'm just not patient enough for all those lotions/tape methods/etc to work.. my red marks are pretty bad. i'm afraid of chemical peels. ninja.gif

on the 14th i'm going to get my first vbeam (which is the same as IPL or very similar i believe) and i'll write about how it goes....

i started a thread about vbeam a while ago, some people who have had it done talk about their experiences... here it is:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...opic=34394&st=0

i had a series of 4 IPL treatments on my back and honestly it did nothing for my marks. I found chemical peels to be MUCH more effective and tremoundously cheaper.

According to my derm, true IPL isn't the most effective for hyperpimentation.FotoFacial RF from Syneron is combo of light and low level electrical energy which is more efficient for a number of issues including hyperpigmentation.You can read more about it at syneron.com. I plan on having this done fairly soon.

According to my derm, true IPL isn't the most effective for hyperpimentation.FotoFacial RF from Syneron is combo of light and low level electrical energy which is more efficient for a number of issues including hyperpigmentation.You can read more about it at syneron.com. I plan on having this done fairly soon.