Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SupremeNot

Who Does Deep TCA Peels?

I see @beautifulambition mention deep sedated TCA peels. I am interested in doing one after doing a 30% peek at home. Does anyone know of any doctors who do these deep peels? I'm familiar of DR ruIlan but does anyone know anyone else?

Where are you located?  For a deep peel which requires sedatation, you are looking at doing an unoccluded or occluded Baker's Formula Phenol peel. TCA at 50% or higher also sometimes requires sedation because this is a very painful peel especially over bony areas like the forehead.  I'd look into combination medium-depth peels before you jump into a deep peel.  For deep peels you can be red for over a year whereas medium-depth peels you are red for 1-3 months.  Keep in mind too the peel you're doing now at 30% tca is still considered a light peel and in order to make it medium-depth it needs to be a combination peel such as Jessners + 35% TCA, Glycolic 75% + 35% TCA or dry ice + 35% TCA.  50% TCA is also a medium-depth peel. None of the combination peels require sedation and the pain is relatively short lived. 

I agree with Uplifting.B|

I suggest a sedated peel often and or multiple medium strength peels as people want results and complain about getting none with peels. First of all peels will not solve your indented acne scar issues, they are purely  for poor texture. Using them last is a way to get the effects of laser without many of the side effects (once your skin has been raised by sub / filler / tca cross / microneedling / etc). When I suggest a sedated peel as a option this is for those who feel the medium strength peels do nothing and need something much deeper to go into the deeper parts of the dermis. For a peel to be effective to "some" you must go deeper. This either happens through many medium strength peels over time, combo peels, and finally the big daddy a sedated peel by a professional. With something stronger you will have some down time, and redness (covered with makeup), this happens with laser or anything that can sand down the bad bits through ablation. 

@SupremeNot Are you misunderstanding me. I wrote the FAQ (top post of the acne scar sub) and the full guide on DIY peels. I tell people to peel for texture all the time. I was describing why I recommend sedated peels. Several Medium strength, or a sedated peel will work for texture if they go deep enough under the scars. Peels are wonderful, hell of alot cheaper than laser and less side effects, I am a huge advocate. I also try to warn people that if you have pits or fat loss to get that treated first before peels so things do not look worse. They don't fix pitting due to fat loss. If you have surface issues sure you can just do peels.