Rinse of Benzoyl Pe...

Notifications
Clear all

Rinse of Benzoyl Peroxide after 15 minutes?

MemberMember
(@voguewitness)

Posted : 10/17/2017 5:02 am

Hello,

My skin seems to be very prone to the acne.org regimen, I've followed it exactly as directed for about 4 weeks now but I keep waking up to flakey skin and sometimes the dead skin cells come up to the surface during the day which is REALLY annoying. Would the Benzoyl peroxide still work if I let it soak in for about 15 minutes (or more?) and then rinse it off so it doesnt cause any flakeyness (otherwise it stays on for atleast 9 hours, my skin doesnt seems to handle that well)

Edit: I already tried reducing the application to once a day (over night) for a week now but it still shows the flakeyness, moisturizing overday also doesnt seem to reduce it.

Any help is greatly appriciated!

MemberMember
(@joi752000)

Posted : 10/18/2017 7:53 pm

Have you tried mixing the jojoba oil in the moisturizer? During the first few weeks, I was looking pretty scary during the day, as my skin was peeling. Also in the evening, I gently rubbed off the dead skin at night, as the cleanser didn't remove it. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/18/2017 10:26 pm

On 10/17/2017 at 6:02 AM, VogueWitness said:

Hello,

My skin seems to be very prone to the acne.org regimen, I've followed it exactly as directed for about 4 weeks now but I keep waking up to flakey skin and sometimes the dead skin cells come up to the surface during the day which is REALLY annoying. Would the Benzoyl peroxide still work if I let it soak in for about 15 minutes (or more?) and then rinse it off so it doesnt cause any flakeyness (otherwise it stays on for atleast 9 hours, my skin doesnt seems to handle that well)

Edit: I already tried reducing the application to once a day (over night) for a week now but it still shows the flakeyness, moisturizing overday also doesnt seem to reduce it.

Any help is greatly appriciated!

Don't reduce the amount you use. This is normal and supposed to happen. Add Acne.org AHA to your regimen and it will help with flakiness.