Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SleekHeight

20MG Accutane Every Day, ADVICE?!

Hi,
I am a 20 year old male who has just been put on 20mg a day of Accutane. I weigh 61KG and am pretty active playing sport 4/5 times a week. Some history about myself, I have had acne on my face for about a year now, reaching its peak in June. I have tried Lymecycline, which cleared me up but when I finished it came back with a vengeance. I was on Doxycycline and Epiduo from June- Early October and have been on Accutane now for 6 days. My acne is mostly pustules, and I have loads of PIH and red marks mainly on my jawline/ cheeks
Anyone have any advice/tips for me?
My current regimen:-
- morning wake up wash face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
- moisturise with La Rosche-Posay Effaclar H, multi-compensating moisturiser
- Evening- wash face again with cetaphil
- moisturise with cetaphil moisturising lotion

I am still getting pustules every day, how should I get rid of these? My derm prescribed me Zineryt but I am a bit unsure of how to use this?
Also I am terrrified about an Initial Breakout. When will I start to see results?!

Current skin:-
None on back
- some on chest
- big spot under chin, big spot on my lip, couple of small pustules here and there and then the mass abundance of PIH

Any advice/tips I would love!

Day 9

Don't really think I have experienced any of the side effects apart from maybe a bit of aching. Currently have big spot under my chin still, which won't go! Spot in between my eyebrows and one on my left eyebrow both of which are painful! Post acne red marks seem to get redder everyday. How do I get these to go!
Any advice would be much appreciated/ experience with roaccutane.

Day 12

Don't know if anyone is actually reading this ahaha. Update, PIH is still horrendous, one active small pimple on cheek, the rest of my face is red which makes the post acne marks look even worse :(

Day 15

Things have got a bit worse in the last few days. Got a big big pimple below my right ear, a couple small ones on my cheek, one on my lip and another emerging on my chin :(. Hopefully these clear by saturday as I have a party! As always, my PIH is still predominant :(

Day 20

Big pimple beneath my right ear is still just as big, I think I have made it redder as well by over treating it, but it won't go! Skins looking ok at the moment, went out last night to a mates birthday and got really drunk so I am nervous about that causing more spots :(((. Lips are getting a bit drier, anyway I see my dermatologist in two days so will post on here what happens!

Day 27

Its not looking good at the moment. Pimple beneath my ear is still red and I am developing a big red spot on my cheek. It looks so visible. Derm refused to bump me up to a higher dose and doesn't want to do so until December 1st :(. Currently have 3 or 4 actives but my PIH is a mess and seems to get redder each day if anything. Please can someone give me advice on how to fade these red marks !!!