Notifications
Clear all

100mg Spironolactone initial breakout

MemberMember
(@acnesucks0209)

Posted : 10/10/2017 2:21 pm

Hi all, I recently gave in and decided to give spironolactone a shot. I did a round of accutane years ago but my acne seems to come back around my cycle. I stayed at 50 mg last Tuesday October 2nd and was told to up my dose to 100 if it was tolerable. 3 days in and my skin is horrible! I™ve never broken out in some of the areas cystic acne are forming. I™m almost positive it™s an IB, did anyone else experience an IB this early? I™m also using retin a every other day as well and just yesterday upped my dose to 100mg in desperation and because it seemed like my body was reacting to it fine as far as side effects ago. How long did it take for some of u too see results? I don™t even want to leave the house because I™m now sporting 4 cystic pimples :(

MemberMember
(@merrymacaroni)

Posted : 09/29/2018 2:45 pm

Hi! I just posted a question about this as well but havent gotten any responses but I started off at 50 mg for the first two weeks and went up to 100 mg just last week and my skin has been breaking out more than usual. I didnt have bad acne before I would say it was mild and now its probably moderate from the initial breakout. Its gonna be a month in a week so I hope my skin doesnt get worse because thats when people say they experience the worst initial breakout. Are you still on spiro seeing that this was posted a year ago, and how long did it take to see results.