Notifications
Clear all

Success of skin care routine for skin coloured bumps/closed comedones!

MemberMember
(@deathtoallacne)

Posted : 10/10/2017 2:18 pm

Just thought I'd post about my success so far with my current skin care routine..
Back story::
had skin coloured bumps all over my face, closed comedones and on top of that, painful pimples and spots. Went on trimethoprim and adapalene and finally got rid of it all and ended up with clear skin.
then I decided to start removing fine facial hairs with a Tinkle razor and started having skin problems. My bumps came back (may have been razor bumps? Not sure..)
my skin got so bad but I didn't want to go back on antibiotics as it is not good for long term so I decided to do a little research and then came up with this skin care routine

Morning:
1)wash face with charcoal face wash
2) after a while, when face is dry, pat in witch hazel
3) after witchhazel dries, smear on aloe vera

Night:
4)wash face with charcoal face wash
5) apply spot cream (I use adapalene)
6)after a while, when face is dry, pat in tea tree oil

i started this routine on the 1st of October and noticed a complete transformation just over a week later. All of my bumps that were on my jawline have completely disappeared, there are no active pimples or painful spots. I'm fairly happy with the outcome and will continue this routine however I'm going to make a few changes because I think all of these products, especially the tea tree oil is harsh on my skin. The effect of this is noticeable as I now have flaky skin in some parts of my face which is fixable with moisturiser but without it, it feels and looks very dry..
my skin type is extremely oily so I don't think this would be a good routine if I had dry to normal skin.
i have been using products from specific stores and not just generic as I feel like they are better quality
i think I have a before pic which I'll try and put up along with an after pic