Notifications
Clear all

Glossier launch in UK - is it any good for acne prone/ sensitive skin?

MemberMember
(@hesi)

Posted : 10/10/2017 1:43 pm

Hi all,

Glossier has just launched in the UK and I've been taken in by the minimal packaging and website. As an acne sufferer, I usually stick to the same products and use the acne.org cleanser and treatment, but would love to know if the reviews (posted by users in the US) are true Im in need of a good moisturiser and all that stuff to stop your eyes and forehead looking old. (Yup, Im an adult acne sufferer - the joys).

I wouldn't usually try anything new but most Glossier products claim they arehypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, paraben free, fragrance free, appropriate for all skin types, cruelty free, vegan.

There are plenty reviews from acne sufferers on the website But Id much rather hear it from the acne.org forum before I consider trying. Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@hollyh)

Posted : 12/08/2017 10:00 am

Hi! Sorry I know this is quite an old post, but I'm a fellow adult acne sufferer (24) and treated myself to some Glossier make up when they launched so I'll give you a quick run down of what I think of the products after a couple of months of use.

I got the Skin Tint in medium. Not entirely sure why, because it provides no real coverage, but it evens out my overall skin tone a BIT and does make it look less like I've died lmao. However, I do still think it aggravates my acne a little bit. Nothing major, but compared to a no-make up day I am more likely to find a new spot or cyst lurking when I next look in the mirror.

I also got their highlighter in Moonstone, which is a nice, but only really 'works' over sheer/dewey make up, so again, not the BEST choice for acne. I think it also contains some sort of coconut oil so it has helped a couple of spots on my temples/blemishes on my cheekbones to sprout. Again, not the most aggravating make up I've ever worn, but I'm still better off wearing no make up at all.

What I WOULD recommend of theirs, however, is Boy Brow. Most brow products I've tried seem to have led to spots and blemishes underneath and around my eyebrows. This one, remarkably, hasn't! It also looks really really nice on.

With regards to their skincare, the sample of Milky Jelly Cleanser they sent me was fine, but I wouldn't buy the full size one. Apparently a lot of the active ingredients in their skincare are the same as the active ingredients in The Ordinary's products, but The Ordinary are much much MUCH cheaper! I think they have counters in House of Fraser now, which is where I'd personally go to buy their skincare, because looking at all the long words and numbers of their product names online, I have no idea what I'm looking at or where to start building a skincare regime lmao.

Anyway tl;dr - Boy Brow is good, wouldn't bother with anything else. Hope this is at least a bit helpful!