Am I using too much...

Notifications
Clear all

Am I using too much?

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 09/25/2017 11:54 pm

Hey guys,

So I just had a question regarding how much benzoyl peroxide to use. I've been on the regimen almost 4 months now, and it mostly worked. Sometimes I'm totally clear, but then I'll get a pimple like once a week, probably due to trying out new moisturizers, etc. I've been using the 8 oz. tube until now, and I just decided to get the 16 oz. bottle. However, when I put two pumps from the bottle into my hand, it looks like quite less than the full finger length I was using with the tube. I had relatively mild acne to begin with, but it's very persistent. Would dropping down to this new lesser amount make me break out, or should I use more than 2 pumps? I feel like more than 2 pumps is way too much, I didn't even realize using my finger made it so much more. I still do get very irritated, dry skin, so maybe I am using too much? Has anyone broken out badly after dropping the amount a little bit?

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 09/28/2017 3:40 pm

Hi lawrence1,

Yes three pumps of the Acne.org Treatment is too much. You must not exceed one finger length of the Acne.org Treatment. See the dosage chart at https://www.acne.org/regimen for further clarification.