Regimen quit workin...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen quit working?

MemberMember
(@copyrightkk)

Posted : 09/03/2017 3:10 pm

I'm a 28 year old female suffering from hormonal acne. I have had acne since I started puberty at age 10. I'll probably sound like a broken record, but prior to the regimen I feel like I've tried everything under the sun. Most recently, I was using Differin gel combined with spironolactone from my derm. Saw very little results, and I wasn't able to increase my mg of spiro due to it lowering my blood pressure too much. After that, I decided to try the acne.org regimen. I started using the regimen in the beginning of June. I have been following the directions to a T. Used the three step system for a month, incorporated small amounts of the AHA thereafter. My skin was looking incredible. I literally had no breakouts, I was going out in public without makeup on, which is something I never do. I have been wearing a BB cream while using the regimen, just as a side note. My issue is that within the last few weeks, my acne is all coming back, just like it was prior to using the regimen. I literally have not changed anything in my routine. I have been doing the same thing, morning and night, for the past 4 months, and now all of sudden my skin is freaking out again. Why is this happening? Is my skin becoming immune to the regimen or something? I really thought I found something that worked and now I'm so disappointed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 09/07/2017 3:24 pm

Hi CopyrightKK,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. There could be other factors that are affecting your skin such as stress, diet or even irritation.

For more information on irritation, kindly visit https://www.acne.org/irritation.html