Considering Quittin...

Notifications
Clear all

Considering Quitting - Need Encouragement

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 08/22/2017 12:30 am

So I've been on the regimen for two and a half months now, and it really has worked. My face is like 95% clear, and it's a major improvement from my mild/sometimes cystic acne I used to have. I really want to keep using this, but I just don't know if it's worth it anymore. My skin has never been this dry, it is flaking off in huge chunks, and every day it gets worse. I have tried 10+ moisturizers, including Dan's, and nothing helps. When I use the AHA it gets rid of my flakes for a few hours and then they come back full force. I will be getting jojoba oil in a few days, but I'm worried it will either 1) clog my pores or 2) not help my severe flakes/dryness. Dan's moisturizer clogged my pores, and it has jojoba oil in it, so that doesn't look promising. My face is so dry that I'm starting to get eczema by the sides of my nose, and even my T-zone, which used to be so oily, is starting to become cracked and scaly. I'm pretty sure the dryness is causing the few break outs I do get. Every single day gets worse, and my moisturizers works less. This week in particular has become unbearable. My body has also out of nowhere become extremely dry using Dan's BP. I'm 20 and I have fine lines I didn't have before this regimen, too. I know that I can decrease the amount of BP I use or how often I do it, but I imagine this will lead to a break out. So I'll be stuck with breaking out and probably still very dry skin. I would use a really strong moisturizer but those clog up my pores, it really sucks.

I really want to keep going, but this dry skin plus the expense of the regimen is really getting me down. What else is there when jojoba oil doesn't even work? Has anyone managed to just stop having severely dry skin after a while on the regimen? I don't know what's worse, having a couple of big pimples at a time and red marks or having my face just peeling off and hurt all the time.

MemberMember
(@bbaye)

Posted : 08/24/2017 11:31 am

the same thing with me, my skin texture is soo messed up. It looks oily but if you look close, its so dry and flaky, im at 3 months now and people say it stops at 4 months.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 08/24/2017 12:15 pm

If your face is just about clear, you could always try cutting down on the BP. If you worried about breaking out then try using it every other day and see how your skin gets on. If it works ok, you could even start using it every three days. Be gradual and don't change anything else in your regime. You won't know unless you try.

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 08/24/2017 5:53 pm

I think I will try reducing the BP to like a 3/4 finger length twice a day, once my skin calms down and clears up again, and then I may try once a day if things look promising. Unfortunately jojoba oil gave me a huge cyst on my chin and a few pustules :(. So I'll wait until that's over and start reducing. Thanks for the replies guys. I really hope the flaking stops at 4 months haha and doesn't go on forever. Can dry skin/flakes really cause acne? 

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 08/25/2017 3:54 am

Sounds to me as if you are just not using enough moisturizer! I really like to layer that stuff on and have no issues with dryness. I am using a very cheap moisturizer instead of Dan's.

How often do you apply the AHA? And how much of it?

MemberMember
(@lawrence1)

Posted : 08/25/2017 1:25 pm

I was applying the AHA every 3-4 days, for a total of 4 times, before I quit using it because I kept getting huge pimples from it. I was using like a little more than a pea sized amount. I have tried using a lot more moisturizer than two pumps of the one I use, but the flakes still come back no matter what somehow. The moisturizer I use comes in a 1.4 oz bottle for $30, which is way too expensive, but it's the only one that doesn't clog me up. I was really hoping the jojoba oil would be good, but I ended up waking up with another cyst today, which is so weird because I stopped the jojoba oil Thursday. Dan's moisturizer also gave me a cyst like a week or so ago, so I imagine the jojoba oil is the problem since there's jojoba oil in that moisturizer.I just decided I wouldn't touch the AHA or the jojoba oil again. I think the AHA is too intense for me. But I'm kind of scared that maybe these cystic break outs aren't the products and my acne is just not responding to the regimen anymore, but I feel like that's not really possible. What moisturizer do you use?

MemberMember
(@raziel101)

Posted : 08/27/2017 3:46 pm

I would try using the BP in the morning only (use the same amount - a full pump). Use full strength AHA every 2 days and the other days mix half AHA and half moisturizer.

Use a a lot of moisturizer. I personally use Cetafile and keeps my skin comfortable.

drink plenty of water throughout the day if you aren't already. keep sun exposure to a minimum. See how your acne fares with the reduced BP.