Notifications
Clear all

30 Days Roaccutane Journey

MemberMember
(@chocosh)

Posted : 08/20/2017 6:36 am

Hello!

I decided to share my Roaccutane experience as a log and hope it can also help others who are planning to or are consuming it right now.

As a background, I have atopic skin problem / eczema and it broke out after my vacation to a tropical island. I thought I had harmless small bumps and whiteheads but they started to spread through my cheeks. This is when my dermatologist recommended Roaccutane to me.

My prescription was to take a 10mg Roaccutane every day for 20days and once every 2 days for 10days. I waited until after my period to start the journey.

The first and second week were challenging. Small acne bumps on my cheeks are becoming more apparent, some are enlarging and there were also some new ones. On the first week (around Day 5) there were flare ups on my right cheek and on the following week (around Day 10), it was my left cheek.My face was red and it felt dry too.I gotta say my face got worse in the first two weeks, I was tempted to stop.

After consulting it to my dermatologist, she said it was normal for Roaccutane to flare up your acne in the initial phase and get rid of them eventually. Well good news, it really does.

Entering my third week, I could feel my acne flare-ups starting to cool down and my skin is regaining its condition (around Day 16). There was only a small area of uneven surface left while a lot of the small acne bumps have disappeared. At this point, my skin felt a little less dry. I didn't have chapped lips or dry hair (in fact I dyed my hair this week) or any other severe dryness that I read online. However, I did get nosebleed this week after a music festival.Not sure if it was a Roaccutane effect as well lol

Anyway, for the last week of maintenance (now), it was probably a hard to tell progress since I haven't noticed any significant difference from third week.

I hope it can stay like this or better so I don't have to rely on Roaccutane anymore. Will update you on this, hope this helps everyone!

Products used:

- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (must! must! to prevent dry lips)
- Cetaphil Facial Wash
- Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel (to soothe skin after shower)
- Avene Thermal Spring Water (to soothe and calm irritants, good for oil control too)
- St Ives Apricot Scrub
-Topicare Soothing Cream (moisturizer)
- Jergens Body Lotion

Note:

- DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
- Minimal makeup onIy, I only used BB cream. Skip the powder routine as it will accentuate your bumps.