Notifications
Clear all

AHA on Acne Scabs

MemberMember
(@timelycountry)

Posted : 08/02/2017 11:37 pm

so i picked at a pimple whilst it was forming, and before there was a white head, and got no pus so i kept trying to pop until i formed myself a huge massive sore scab. it's painful underneath the scab which leads me to believe there is still pus. people say to moisturizer your acne scabs because that'll help them fall off, so my question is should i use aha or the regular moisturizer that comes with the regimen and dab that on? any advice on acne scabs or skin picking or really anything helps.

MemberMember
(@timelycountry)

Posted : 08/03/2017 11:08 am

Update:: I put tea tree oil on it and the scan is now a nasty brown!!! please help idk what i should put on it

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 08/27/2017 12:22 am

Never pick at your skin no matter how tempting it is. You just got to. Otherwise, this is what will happen.

I see that it has been a while since your last post, What happened after it turned brown/dark?

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 09/19/2017 5:42 pm

Acne.org's AHA lotion seems to work really well for when I'd get cysts and scabby zits. Not sure why, but it would heal faster and be less likely to scar or not as darkly. I also recommend an antibacterial ointment like neosporin or I prefer colloidal silver ointments. Putting moisturizer on top of that can protect it too.

Short answer - use both.