Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, 

I've been on the Acne.org treatment for a little over 2 months and I know this is expected but my skin is super super dry. I mean it feels like sand paper! 

I was curious to know if anybody uses natural shea butter as a moisturizer with the cleanser and treatment? I was thinking about swaping out the acne.org moisturizer for the shea butter. It always worked for my skin. 

I stopped using two pumps because during the day my skin would be super oily and I wear makeup to hide my hyperpigmentation so it doesnt look good. 

Now I use 1.5 pumps and im not so oily anymore.  

Again I know this is expected but please if anybody has switched over to shea butter please let me know how it is going for you, thank you.

-Syn 

I would avoid both shea butter and olive oil. Neither is heavily pore-clogging, but neither is completely non-pore clogging either.

Instead, I would suggest the following:

1. It's been 2 months so it's absolutely time to add in AHA+. You can mix it 1/2 + 1/2 with Acne.org Moisturizer in your palm before you apply moisturizer once a day. This will take away flakiness almost immediately.

2. For the other time per day, keep using Acne.org Moisturizer and add in a few drops (up to 5-6 drops) of oil each time you use it. Either:

• Jojoba oil
  • High linoleic sunflower oil. You don't want the stuff they sell at the supermarket because they make that high oleic for cooking. 
  • High linoleic safflower oil.