Makeup

MemberMember
(@jess34)

Posted : 07/18/2017 10:02 am

Can you wear makeup under the regimen ?

MemberMember
(@yellowcopy)

Posted : 07/21/2017 12:59 pm

from what I've been experiencing, its very hard. My skin is acne free right now but i have layers of dead skin on my face and I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of it. If i put on foundation i look so cake and gross. During the first few weeks i was able to wear makeup, but after this flakiness started i haven't been.

MemberMember
(@tiffanyclaire)

Posted : 07/25/2017 4:07 pm

I chose to wear makeup during the regimen because I needed to look professional at work. It didn't look great and my skin was peeling, but it was better than showing up to work with an extremely red, irritated face. I chose a foundation that I knew didn't irritate my skin further. It didn't look 100% better, but it was hard to look worse. Ultimately, it's up to you whether or not you decide you want to wear makeup! :) 

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 07/26/2017 3:36 pm

Hi! It is very tough to wear makeup during the initial stages of The Regimen. However, if you have a foundation or powder you know does not break you out, I say, wear it. It won't look great, but it will get you through the first few weeks of The Regimen. I cannot wait until The Regimen clears me up so I can choose whether or not to wear it. Right now, my skin is so red and looks so bad. Makeup is the one thing that allows me to leave my house to go to work and face the world. I know that is silly, but acne really takes an emotional/mental toll on people, and I, for one, would never judge someone's decision to wear it. Just make sure to heavily moisturize and bring a hydrating spray with you during the day to combat flakiness/tightness.

Best of luck to you!