Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike4311

Bumps/Scars on nose: Inject Apple Cider Vinegar

Hello, this is an update/addition to this previous thread: 

I still have these bumps (a lot lower though). I went to plastic surgeon and figured out these are scar tissues. Did a shave excision on few of them. They healed back up and were bumpy again. I did lamprobe but didn't really help. I did steroid injections and they helped smooth them them out a bit. However, they are still visible. I've had few good luck with Apple Cider Vinegar though. The bumps would be smaller every  time I do it (apply a lot with qtip 3-5 days). The problem is, the bumps are so small, i always apply a lot to the surrounding skin and I can't reach deep enough (into the scars) when I apply it just using a qtip. 

So, my plan is to get a injection needle/syringes and inject tiny bit of apple cider vinegar right into to the scars. My thinking is that it will reach deep into the scars, scab, and fall out. 

Has anyone done this before? There are tons of google search on how ACV gets rid of warts and stuff. It worked for me with scar tissue bumps. However, it never got rid of it fully since it never reached deep enough using the classic apply with qtip method. 

Edited by mike4311

Dude, nah. That's bloody stupid.

Problem is, the nose doesn't heal very well, and scars there don't remodel well either, so I don't have advice aside from 'Don't do that and see a cosmetic surgeon'

Edited by machiavelli

Machiavelli gave you good advice, please do not inject weird substances in the body. They are not sterile and your not a Dr.  You could seriously deform, infect, or hurt yourself. Goto a dermatologist, get hyfecator done on the spots, they will take a while to heal. The nose is not skin it's cartridge with lots of oil glands, hence it's harder to make things heal quickly, the only other thing you can do is co2 resurfacing for this type of thing. 

Would there be anything at all I could do at home? I've already went to several cosmetic surgeons and none of them were that helpful. The only thing that worked little was the steroid injections. Lamprobe/other laser things did not work at all. Also, doctors were very hesitant on doing anything laser due to my skin tone (brown), they stated that it may cause hypo-pigmentation. 

Could there be anything I can try for scar tissues on nose? TCA Peel/Cross? Scar Tissue reducing Oil? I really really hate these scar tissue bumps and would seriously like to do something about it. 

Thanks

Sadly for this type of thing, you need tca peels, co2 laser, you can try a non ablative 1064nm laser I suppose but this does not resurface, just deals with the bacteria, and most derms have a hyfecator aka electrodesication surgery they do this with moles too. You will hyperpigment from all of them expcet the 1064nm. You can try to use a steroid / skin bleaching cream hydroquinone and vitamin c serum before and after you treat. All the guys in my faq (top post acne sub) > acid peels section > link ...are darker skin types and did tca peels. I would not goto a Plastic Suergon and instead see some dermatologists or med spas that deal with your skin type and do peels or laser. 

I take no responsibility if you decide to do TCA and hyperpigment, please know this is a outcome without proper management in this skin type, also note darker skin types need lower levels % of acid to avoid this outcome, please test accordingly as described in the all things acid peel megapost. If you do TCA, only treat the bump and put vaseline around it, it will stay red for some time, get some dermablend from the D - Store. 

Thanks again for your help. Could you please let me know how TCA Peel would help with the raised scar tissues? These are basically skin colored raised bumps. I'm assuming for it to work, I would need high % where it literally melts away top part of the skin, and reaches the scars. In which case, what % am I looking at to spot treat my raised scars?

I basically just want to get rid of the raised part of my skin. Can't I use anything to just burn them down, where they heal back evenly.