Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astralbandit

How I finally got rid of my acne after 9 years

I wanted to share my experience with you guys because I know how stressful and emotionally draining it is to constantly look for a cure. Now, I don't know if this will work for you since everyone has their own acne-cause, but this really worked for me. 

Some background:

I'm 26 (F) and have had acne since I was 17. I never had any previous issues, I actually had really good porcelain skin. Then suddenly my skin just started breaking out little by little and by th time I was 20 I had painful cysts on my cheeks and around my jawline. I have since then tried everything (except Accutane). 

I started reading more and more about natural remedies and the cause of Acne. I started to understand that there is not only one cure but more of a puzzle that has to be solved. 

I started suspecting hormonal imbalance since my skin usually got really bad just before my period. 

Since january this this year my skin has cleared 90%. I only have 2 pimples right now and I'm on my period as we speak. Before I would not even bother to count. It was just swollen red clusters of cysts all over my cheeks, jawline and chin. 

This is is what I did; 

I started taking:

• Maca Root 1-3g/day (for hormonal imbalance)
• Zinc 20-40mg/day
• C-vitamin high concentrate 1000mg/day every other day 
• Multi vitamin 1 every other day or when I feel I haven't had enough nutritious food. 

For my foundation I only use Bare Minerals or pure mineral make up. Everything else clogs my pores or makes my skin dull. 

I use Witch Hazel as a toner and i exfoliate with a mild scrub 4-5 times a week. 

I also started taking a mild retinol cream every night after washing off my make up. It helps with the scarring and also controlling new break outs. 

If if I get the occasional pimple I use a strong Tea tree gel as a spot treatment. 

Hope this helps. This was all the pieces of my acne-puzzle. Now I just have to get rid of the scars and hopefully my skin will look really good after that :) I'm going to do some chemical peels and skin needling.

Edited by Astralbandit