Notifications
Clear all

I need some help and support...

MemberMember
(@maddie-standish)

Posted : 05/19/2017 6:40 pm

I'm a 14 year old girl with 'hormonal' acne. I started getting small bumps on my face at about 10 because of lack of water ( I think ), then it went away which was great.However at about 13 it came back strong, like full on cystic acne strong. I wasn't really too bothered about it at first but then I noticed nobody else around me looked like I did.It made me extremely self concious. With fear I wore makeup and picked at my face which ultimately made it worse. My school also has very strict rules which says we can't wear makeup but luckily I have an exception. Finally though it got so bad that I was bullied and I soon had a complete mental breakdown. I got Yasmin and a tablet I've forgotten which worked for a short while then it came back again, so with many returning trips to the doctor and crying messes I am now on Dianette and a yellow tablet for the spots itself (it looks like a yellow skittle aha). But sadly this isn't working too well either.

I've noticed that when I'm not on my period my face is perfectly fine, but right before and during my period I get so many sore raised spots planted around my face. They take so long to heal too once they have gotten a head. By the time I'm then set to bleed I get even more spots and scars on my face hitch ruins the progress and me emotionally.

Its constant struggle emotionally actually , which I'm a lot of people will release too (I just can't really put it into words). There's been times here I've had to have days off because I've just cried all day. I can only look in mirrors when I've got makeup on, and even then I see the putrid red bumps on my face. My self esteem is at an all time low. Especially with the huge amount of horrible people in my school. It's even taken a toll on my parents too, as we've tried everything that's possible. It's so hard to see them struggle to make me happy. We've had so many fight because I get so negative about it and they think I blame them sometimes.

There is nothing wrong with my diet, what I use on my face, my lifestyle. So still don't see how my face is so bad still.
I feel completely horrible about myself. People say to me 'Oh it'll get worse before it gets better' or 'just wait till everyone else around you has spots'.
Its been 3 years and nothing as changed. I'm the odd one out in my school and I hate it. I'm at a constant breaking point. I need as much help and advice as I can get, because I'm at a standstill. Nothing I working for me anymore, not even my own doctors have any options. Please help xx

p.s I've probaly left some details out..

MemberMember
(@raevus)

Posted : 05/20/2017 12:12 pm

As a teenage girl I can also relate. It feels so unfair just because we have a slight change in our genes. Acne really brings great depression, it affects your normal life and gives you insecurities. I don't have any treatments to recommend, but I want you to know that the emotional pain you're feeling, I also feel it too and I have spent most nights crying because of it. You aren't alone. I really hope you find a way to get rid of your acne, because it hurts to think that a lot of people are like me, also suffering from acne not being able to do anything.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/24/2017 12:23 am

Drink herbal teas they are healing, they help control hormones and acne
chamomile, mint,nettle, burdock, red raspberry leaves, milk thistle, and lavender
ask doctor if it's ok to take drugs you are taking and this herbs together