Flaking and dry ski...

Notifications
Clear all

Flaking and dry skin build up

MemberMember
(@sizablebiking)

Posted : 05/10/2017 10:50 am

I've been on the acne.org regimen for 2 weeks now and I'm just entering my third week. It has actually improved my skin a lot and I can see a significant difference in my skin and the amount of breakouts I get. However, my face has gotten super dry no matter how much moisturizer I put on. It has started to peel around my lips, cheeks and nose. I have read a lot of reviews and I know this is normal at this stage of the routine but I've also noticed that I have a lot of dry skin build up on my face. Since i'm not supposed to exfoliate, its just been sitting there on my face. It's starting to turn into these dark little spots on my face and it makes my whole face look dirty. It looks like there are dots of dirt all over my face. I have AHA but it says not to use it until 1 month of being on the regimen so that your skin can get used to the regimen first. Is it okay if I use it on my third week though because I don't know if I can go another week without exfoliating all the dead skin off. Please help!!

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 05/10/2017 4:44 pm

Hey SizableBiking, I would recommend not starting the AHA yet, It will cause severe redness and irritation if your skin is not yet ready for it. Flaking and Dryness happen because of the BP obviously, especially while your skin is still adjusting. Dan's moisturizer, while being very soothing, does not hydrate the skin a heck of a lot unfortunately which is why i use Vanicream lite lotion now. I would not suggest switching moisturizers for a while though as you should stick with the regimen products for a while. Apply a good amount of moisturizer and just remember to be very gentle with each step of the regimen. As far as all that dead flaking skin and dry skin here's what you can do...Get a soft clean washcloth and while in the shower, soak your face and the washcloth with luke warm water and fold up the washcloth a few times, Then, GENTLY, like barely touching your face, wipe down on your face with the washcloth. You should see TONS of dead skin and all come off, but do it very gently. Don't scrub or rub. just gently wipe down. rinse off the cloth quickly between each wipe because you'll probably have tons of dead skin just from one wipe. Think of it almost like shaving but with a washcloth...Even though i use the AHA now, i still do this a couple times a week or so. Any other questions please let me know. best of luck.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/18/2017 4:40 pm

start taking vitamin E and flaxseed oil 1 tablespoon a day
it does magic!

mix 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon sourcream mix and apply like mask for 15 min.
apply plastic wrap over face for better penetration
do every 2 days

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 05/18/2017 7:11 pm

So I see you fell in for the scam. what does it mean when you apply all this rubbish on your face then your face dries up like a desert? It means your skin don't like it, its irritated it can't breathe cause your putting all these harmful chemicals in it. It's all a scam for you to buy the regime religiously and over time your skin will lose its life. Ima let you in on a secret cause I want you to look beautiful. Fruit face mask. Put all types of fruits put it on your face and leave it on for 30-1 hour.