Notifications
Clear all

upset about acne returning once again

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 04/22/2017 5:42 pm

Grrrrr I'm so annoyed!! How can my skin go from being almost completely clear and under control...to suddenly breaking out everywhere!?! I feel so frustrated in this battle...im on Yasmin and using bp on and off.... Next step would be antibiotics but I don't really want to do that...im so confused im so careful about treating my skin ...i only use a basic oil free moisturiser and a face wash with salisylic acid twice a day...also I stopped wearing make up AGES ago to help but now I feel Ill have to go back to it im so angry at the world right now...anyone feel the same way ? hate this

MemberMember
(@mia897)

Posted : 04/22/2017 11:27 pm

Hey @Louisemariex I feel EXACTLY the same. I got really bad acne when I was about 19 and cleared it up with topical antibiotics and birth control. I stayed clear for about 2 years, then when I was 22 I travelled for a year and changed brith control. Slowly, I started getting more and more pimples. Now It's two years later and my skin is the worst it's ever been. I totally get what you mean about being so careful with your skin but it just going crazy anyway. It's so frustrating. I feel like I do everything right and still have to deal with acne. Euggghh 

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/24/2017 10:43 pm

Its sad that this common, usually mild skin disease, effects us so aggressively. And it can feel so out of our control.

MemberMember
(@armanfiddles)

Posted : 04/24/2017 11:31 pm

Hi LouiseMariex,

You said your acne suddenly came back right? Did you change your diet or anything? Usually when I consume High - glycemic foods or Dairy, it spikes up my insulin levels in my body which causes me to breakout.... No amount of benzoyl peroxide or antibiotics can control that...

I had pretty bad acne. I was on 5 cycles of Accutane which didnt help since it kept coming back. Long Story short.

Research Insulin Levels and hormones and Acne......

Basically, Sugar in all of it's forms spikes up Insulin levels in the body, insulin produces two things IGF1 and hormones which in turn produces excessive sebum. Dairy directly affects hormones also.

Hope this helps!

Best of Luck,

armanfiddles

MemberMember
(@nikki_gargin)

Posted : 05/03/2017 12:20 pm

I am in the same boat. Had a break out in 2013 and was clear until January this year. I contribute this to stress, diet way too rich in protein, chocolate, alcohol and vaping. I'm starting Accutane in 2 weeks as ive just had enough, topicals aren't cutting it and where it is on my neck which is sensitive topicals are out of the question. My plan is to let Accutane do its job but also work on my diet, my stress and general health. I don't want this shit to happen again. Oh and same, i used salicylic acid and BP for years with success but like @@armanfiddlessaid you cant topical a shit lifestyle, although i think it reduces the size of pimple.

Oh btw, research about spearmint tea being good for androgens! when i got clear in 2013 i drank camomile and spearmint tea by the jug and quit smoking (smoking raises andogens in women), both of which are anti androgen which i believed is why i cleared so quick (6 weeks) and in 5 months i was make up free on holiday.My acne was so bad in 2013 my arsehole GP recommended Accutane which i declined at that time. Dianette also made my acne 10 times worse. again, arsehole GP.