Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jmichaelmal

Adding BP 2.5 Microsphere to Differin .1

Hey y'all. I've been reading and learning from this board for a long time but decided to post for the first time. I take 60mg of Zinc L-Monomethionine a day for acne and I've been on Differin .1 for a little over a month now. I started out using Tazorac .1 but ended up switching to Differin because it was pretty irritating and the cost. I did the Taz for 2 months then switched. But I've been having pretty good results with Differin, a little bit of an initial breakout, but that's really started to clear and I've noticed my skin looks nice and fresh and I'm having less and less breakouts. The only thing is I've noticed that I've got some small flesh colored bumps on my forehead that have made an appearance. I've noticed in the past that BP was really helpful, so I'm adding it in after I wash in the morning with Cera Ve Foaming Cleanser (excellent btw). I apply a really generous amount like the regime recommends... So my question is this, is just once a day going to be enough? Or should I apply it also at night after I do my Differin? I know that Differin and BP are compatible, obviously, but it just seems like a lot to be putting on my face... I'd like to hear from people with experience with topical retinoids and BP, like specifically what worked for you/your experience? ((I really would like to just do the Differin because I honestly find it really soothing and easy to use, but I think I might need to attack it from a couple of different pathways))

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes