Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cameronian

AM/PM routine?

Hi, guys.

I've been an acne sufferer since I was approximately 16 y/o and I'm now 23. I have acne-prone, oily and sensitive skin with scars. I've tried many different brands of skincare and different types of prescriptions (Tetralysal, Duac, Finacea...) without won battles. I'm a bit unsure of my AM/PM routine. I just started and I'll keep on going with the routine and see how my skin likes it. Would be great to receive some feedback and some questions answered from you! I don't have an overly chaotic amount of zits, but there are constantly multiple inflammatory and angry red zits having vacations on my face along with some bad scars. This is how the routine currently looks:

AM:
Vichy Normaderm Cleansing Purifying Gel
Bioderma Sensibio H2O
Biotherm Homme T-Pur Anti-Oil and Shine Moisturizing Gel (just bought and will give it a try since my face gets so oily and shiny throughout the day)

PM:
Vichy Normaderm Cleansing Purifying Gel
Bioderma Sensibio H2O
Skinoren Cream 20%

I generally don't use a night cream or moisturize in the PM due to the fact that I feel that the Skinoren gets smeared around (even after waiting ~30 mins) and also so that the moisturizer and the Skinoren cream don't cancel each other out. (?)

• I feel that it may be bad to make my face so dry during the night? Will only using the Skinoren as a cream damage my skin? Perhaps introducing a night cream?
• I tend to shower in the afternoon after work and exercising, what's the ideal way of just getting rid of sweat/oil as well as then moisturizing (I dry out and itch a bit after showering) without irritating my skin? I simply just wash with water when showering and I moisturize afterwards.

I'm really thrilled that I found my way here and I would very much appreciate if you would share your feedback/experience/thoughts!

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes