Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrfringe

Is Their a NATURAL SPF?

I've recently stopped using anything on my face that might contribute to clogging my pores, including a moistursor that said in was non-comedogenic (but upon research had at least three ingredients that were pore-clogging). Regardless, I just don't want to be putting stuff on my face that lists endless ingredients I can't even pronounce.

So what can I do regarding SPF for when I'm out in the sun/on holiday? I've been dabbling with essential oils and also using glycerin so is there an essential oil I can use that is high in SPF?

Black skin has a natural spf of 16. White about spf 6. Melanin is the most natural SPF there is. You should stay away from essential oils. Especially if you're heading into the sun. Bergamot oil and lavender oil are just a few essential oils that are phototoxic and can cause photodermatitis. Have you tried Asian sunscreens? Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is a favourite of mine. 

Here's the ingredients to cultivated blueberries. Scary ingredients, right? Unpronouncable?

Regardless, I just don't want to be putting stuff on my face that lists endless ingredients I can't even pronounce.

Try mineral SPFs. There are a variety of asian ones, but my personal favorite is by Maxclinic. Bonus is that it keeps your face from getting oily throughout the day.

LOVE mineral sunscreens! look for ingredients like zinc oxide in 20% concentration or more, and titanium dioxide. These together work to protect against UVA1, UVA2, and UVB rays.

Chemical sunscreens are the ones that are harmful to your skin/ get absorbed into your bloodstream/ are proven to be hormone-altering ingredients. Those are ingredients like octoxinate, oxybenzone, etc.

I really like this Juice Beauty moisturizer I've been using! It contains spf 30 and all- natural ingredients. Hasn't aggravated my skin at all, and forms a nice protective layer on my skin. :) 
I actually wanna compile a list of safe sunscreens for acne prone skin for my blog, so I'll come back to this thread!