Used 10% benzoyl fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Used 10% benzoyl for three months

MemberMember
(@benzoylguy)

Posted : 04/02/2017 10:45 pm

Hello my name is Ben and I suffer from acne :(
I used benzoyl peroxide 10% for almost three months.
I'm still getting a few pimples here and there, I'm not really satisfied with the results as of yet but my acne has gotten a lot better. The first month I only used it at night and didn't moisturize. After I started using moisturizer I also started to use it both day and night. The dryness wasn't too bad if I moisturized. In fact, my face still got a little oily since I have a naturally oily face. I started noticing an excess of dead skin dulling my face even after using a moisturizer and I decided that I should start using 2.5 percent benzoyl instead.
I ordered the regimen and I've used it for two days now. I noticed a little more acne on my left cheek but that could be purely coincidental. I'm obviously going to give it a lot more time but I'm worried that jumping from 10 percent to 2.5 percent may make me break out.
I guess I have several questions.
Should I have used 5 percent first and then go on to use 2.5? Or should I use 10% at night or every other day and work my way down to 2.5? Does anyone here have any experience with going from 10 percent benzoyl peroxide to something lower?
Thank you.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/07/2017 2:48 pm

Hi BENzoylguy,

Thank you for contacting us. Dan has looked into BP a few years ago and discovered that there is no difference on the effectiveness of the 10% benzoyl peroxide to the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide on treating Acne.