Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, my dermatologist recommended I start taking accutane after nothing was really working for my skin. However, my insurance doesn't cover it and with everything included required for me to do the treatment, I would have to be paying around 500 a month. This estimate was given to me by someone who works at my dermatologists office and a family member who went to same place and also took accutane. However, my family that lives in a different country says Isotretinoin there is more affordable. They order it from an actual pharmacy and are warned about pregnancy etc. I read online that in most countries outside the US, only a consent form is required that the consumer acknowledges the risks. So, I got 10mg, the lowest dosage they had. 

My main concern is the monthly exam/blood work that is required in the US. Some have said they don't take it because they leave the country, go on vacation etc. I can also request an appt every few months for my blood test separately at my doctor. Is it fine to take the medicine without that?

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes